Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Zucchini Fail


Zucchini is such a healthy vegetable that I always want to use it in muffins and breads. It seems as though every time I use it in a new recipe it ends in a fail.

This morning my three-year old and I decided to use one of the zucchinis I forgot to cook for dinner last night to make some mini muffins to bring to a friend's house this weekend. We looked at a few recipes online for inspiration and began mixing ingredients. It smelled and looked delicious. A healthy version using applesauce and coconut sugar as a sweetener and whole wheat flour instead of all purpose.

After about 15 minutes the mini muffins had risen beautifully and were a great brown color. I pulled them out and took all of them out to cool on the rack. After a few minutes, we both took a bit and yuck! They were gooey and not fully cooked. They stuck to the muffin liners. 

























It seems like I have a love hate relationship with zucchini baked goods: I love to try to make things with them and I hate how they always come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment