Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Craving some pizza

Being on a dairy-free diet for over a year is wearing on me. After preparing a few vegan recipes for a baby shower several years ago, I swore I would never buy vegan cream cheese (or vegan cheese) again. Two things have changed: dairy substitutes have come a long way in 6 years and I didn't expect to ever actually be dairy-free or have a need for a vegan cheese myself. Having my own kids changed things. I caved in and bought some of the cheese substitute over the weekend.

Today I tried a new type of "pizza crust" and "cheese". It was actually fairly close to regular pizza (at least what I remember homemade pizza to taste like), there was a glimmer of hope that I do not need to be pizza free any longer.


Where did this all come from? Well, I got a coupon to try out the Sweet Potatoasts from Social Nature. They sell them at Wegmans in the frozen section and they are a marketed as a substitute for a bread-like product.


No comments:

Post a Comment